28 April 2005

Home... Love... Family... (Anastasia, 1997)

I miss my family. Living away from home is hell. Especially when you have no money. Ha-ha.

You always tend to take things for granted in life. The things that you have; your family, your friends and even your own sweet home. When they’re gone from you or you are away from them, then you’ll start to miss it and realise how you take things for granted.

I used to naïvely think that I could seriously not live without Astro or MTV. Even the Internet. How dependent I was on the idiot box. I found out how wrong I was when I moved to Miri. I miss it, yes. But I still live. I found out that there are other things I can do to fill my time. Like… studying and finishing your assignments before it’s too late… *cough cough*

Living away from home, you start to realise how comfortable your home is. How you live in luxury (when compared to living in Senadin or CV). At home, you have Astro, VCD/DVD players, Internet with a broadband connection, PS and PS2, big kitchen with two fridges full of food, pots and pans all ready to be use, hot water anytime any day, no shortage of water, clean water, keyboard and guitar, cars (I miss driving… Sigh) my bed!!, my mirror (I don’t have mirror in my room in CV. How sad is that?) Waaa… talking about home is so depressing. Why am I doing this to myself? *sob*

And best of all, I don’t have to pay for any of that! Living in Miri made me learn how to be dependent, how precious money really is and how my dad works hard to earn all the luxury to make his family’s life comfortable. You will never appreciate and be thankful to your dad unless you start paying your own bills and whatnot.

I used to live with Sarah and Maya. Living with them can be quite lonely as usually there’s only the both of us in the house. I grew up living with my 5 siblings. My home is always noisy, full of people. There’s ALWAYS somebody home. I can always count on my maid to be around. (I use to yearn for the house to be empty but when it did, I’ll start asking my maid where everyone is…). So it was no surprise when I broke down and cry a few times, missing the company, the yelling and laughter.

No comments: