18 April 2005

Curtin Village

I am living in Curtin Village now. Not with Maya or Sarah anymore. I live with 4 other girls in my house. At least here they’ve provide a TV set (even though the remote is retarded), hot water and air-conditioned bedrooms.

But haa… that’s the good part. Let me bitch about my new dwelling.

Just a few days ago, we have no lights in the living room slash kitchen. The light bulbs were all not working. So we ate in darkness. Well… semi-darkness. We opened the bathroom doors so that we can at least see what we were doing. Now, only 2 out of 10 are working.

We don’t have dining chairs! We’re the only house in the entire CV that lacks this. And my bathroom doesn’t have a mirror. So I have to use my compact powder mirrors. How pathetic is that? We don’t have washing machines. There are only two washing machines in CV and it’s located at two empty houses across my house. Yes, that means we all have to go there by crossing the road, carrying our laundry baskets, pass the security guards. For all the entire CV residents to see.

One of the sad things is that, they only gave us a small fridge. There are 5 of us in the house. 5 girls. Unlike men, we tend to buy lots of food and not wait till we have a mouldy cheese and a sour cartoon of milk left in the fridge to buy groceries.
But okay, enough complaining and whining. One great thing about living in CV? Farhan lives here too. *grin* And also I live among friends. I haven’t taken the Curtin shuttle buss thingy cause I always tumpang other people’s cars. Living near to Curtin does have advantages. Plus, there’s no curfew! Woot! Heh. On my very first night sleeping there, I returned at 1.30 a.m. Pak Guard slumber jer tengok kite org pass by the gates.

No comments: