31 January 2006

You Got Served


Have you watched this movie? I know it's so two years ago but I just have to review it simply because it was dreadful. Except fot the dance moves. And also I have nothing better to do.

Watching it was such a painful, unpleasant experience! I was watching it last night because my cousin lent us the DVD. He told us to check out the dancing.



The dancing was awesome! The camera angles and transitions for those dance scenes were not bad. But unfortunately, that's the ONLY good thing about this movie...

The acting was crappy and stiff. Omarion B2K cannot act for shit. All of them cannot act! When you watch them, all you can do is cringe. It was awful. That Liyah girl was terrible. And what's with that stupid eyeliner on the bottom of her eyes?! It was the most distracting thing ever! And I was disgusted with her character. In the movie, she went out on a date with David (Omarion).



She switched off his phone because she wanted him to concentrate on her. "You're with your boys every day. But when you're with me, you're all mine." Like WTF?! It was so selfish of her I just gaped at the screen. Her brother got beaten up because Omarion wasn't there to help him. The best acting was probably done by the woman who played the grandma of Liyah.

Continuities are EVERWHERE! Nearly every time the camera changes angle, there're continuities. Gah! It was very, very distracting. I felt like dying half way through the movie.

And the transitions! Oh man. There were so many abrupt cutting to the next scene, which were off putting. But when it comes to the dancing scenes, they were fine. I think this is because the director usually directs music videos. Directing and the editing of music videos and movies are VERY DIFFERENT. Right, my fellow media students?

The direction was all plain horrible lah
l. I mean, come on. It was so friggin' cheesy when they slo-mo the kiss between Omarion and his girl while her brother just looked on, grinning. I was practically knocking my head on the wall, moaning.

And then, and then there's the Plot. Blah! I don't want to talk about it. It's just stupid, silly and stupid, stupid, stupid. And the scriptwriter for this movie should be hit with a frying pan for writng such a weak script.

And Lil Kim at the end of the movie. O my gawddd... Her breasts were also distracting. It was like sagging! I have no idea why she goes prancing about in those kind of outfits.



Only, ONLY watch this movie for the dance moves. Or if you like Wade Robson, who appeared at the end of the movie.



You can skip the rest. It's not worth watching the acting or lack thereof and sucky dialogue.

Only one thing I can say, I certainly got served watching this movie.

6 comments:

me_yasmin said...

gahh!! my eyes!! my eyes!!! take those pics with Lil Kim's saggy b00bs awayy!!!

so sorry you had to watch a horrible movie...you have my sympathies

Anonymous said...

nya pasal hip hop nak? hehehhe. my sis suroh nangga ari ya. tp sik mok la. i psychic bah. i know cita ya sik best :p

p/s; oh look. my word verification - zjzzk!

Anonymous said...

nya pasal hip hop nak? hehehhe. my sis suroh nangga ari ya. tp sik mok la. i psychic bah. i know cita ya sik best :p

Anonymous said...

watched it. agree wid u alllll theeee wayyyyy~

i'd do anything to dance like dat tho. well, not exactly anything la.. but.. haiya! u get wat i mean. hahaha~ my brain is not functioning very well. forgive it. hehe~ish~

Anonymous said...

eh wheres the word verification. i miss it. alaa nysa..where is it? where?! sik biasa la sekda word verification. dah la ya i always get the easiest one. like eeeef. heheheh.

Anonymous said...

Non-Surgical Breast Enhancement and Lift!