06 February 2006

Japanese Songs

I was browsing through my Gmail account today (yes, I was that bored) and I stumbled upon one of my very first few e-mails. It was from Rasyiq. Dated nearly a year ago. Exactly on Valentine's Day. I didn't even realise he sent it on Valentine's till today. Yes, I'm that blur sometimes. But maybe it was a coincidence? I don't know.

He gave me the lyric to Life Is Like A Boat by Rie Fu. It's from the famous Japanese anime, Bleach. I've never watched it cause well, who would want to watch something called Bleach anyway. I fell in love with the song the very first time I heard it. The song is played at the first ending theme.


Here's the lyric and translation.

Life Is Like A Boat
Rie Fu

Nobody knows who I really am
I never felt this empty before
And if I ever need someone to come along
Who’s gonna comfort me and keep me strong?

We are all rowing the boat of fate
The waves keep on coming and we can’t escape
But if we ever get lost on our way
The waves would guide you through another day

tooku de iki o shiteru toomei ni natta mitai
(Each breath escaping my body becomes transparent and goes far away)
kurayami ni omoe dakedo mekaku shisareteta dake
(And even when I think everything’s dark, I’m only blindfolded)

inori o sasagete atarashii hi o matsu
(Offering a prayer, I wait for a new day to come)
asayaka ni hikaru umi sono hate made
(Until the reflection of the sunrise sparkling on the sea disappears completely)

Nobody knows who I really am
Maybe they just don’t give a damn
But if I ever need someone to come along
I know you would follow me and keep me strong

hito no kokoro wa utsuriyuku mukedashiteku naru
(People’s hearts are constantly changing, peeling away fresh layers)
tsuki wa mada atarashii shuuki de mune o tsureteku
(with each new phase of the moon)

And every time I see your face
The ocean heaves up to my heart
You make me wanna strain at the oars, and soon
I can see the shore

Oh, I can see the shore
When will I see the shore?

I want you to know who I really am
I never thought I’d feel this way towards you
And if you ever need someone to come along,
I will follow you, and keep you strong

tabi wa mada tsuzuiteku odayakana hi mo

(And still, the journey goes on, even on these calm days)
tsuki wa mada atarashii shuuki de mune o terashidasu
(And still, each new phase of the moon reflects its light onto my heart)

inori o sasagete atarashii hi o matsu

(Offering a prayer, I wait for a new day to come)
asayaka ni hikaru umi sono hate made
(Until the reflection of the sunrise sparkling on the sea disappears completely)

And every time I see your face
The ocean heaves up to my heart
You make me wanna strain at the oars, and soon
I can see the shore

unmei no hune o ko gi nami wa tsugi kara tsugi e to

(We are all rowing the boat of fate)
watashi-tachi o shou kedo

(The waves keep on coming and we can’t escape)

sore mo suteki na tabi ne

(Even that is a beautiful journey)

dore mo suteki na tabi ne
(Even anything is a beautiful journey)

Isn't it just so beautiful? I just love Japanese songs. They sure can write meaningful and beautiful lyrics. Like Mirai e by Kiroro. Take this for an example. It's actually in Japanese though.

Bit by bit my heart is charmed
With that dazzling smile
Let's flee from the endless darkness, hold my hand

You see, when I met you
I remembered the view which I had treasured when I was a child
Won't you dance with me?
It's a winding road of light and shadows
Even now, you're dreaming of him?
There are times when it seemed like I wanted to turn back but
Holding love, courage, and pride, I shall fight

Bit by bit my heart is charmed
A piece of hope in this world
Anyone surely wants to have eternity in his hands
Even if you pretend not to mind at all
Hey I love you
Let's flee from the endless darkness, I’ll hold your hand

I also like you, even with that face, tired from anger
I wonder if it's all right to live such a life, being blown away
As for me... I'm just spun around by casual gestures sea side blue
Or are you still dreaming of him
I had something more I wish to ask but
Our conversation just goes on like the sound of car wheels dancing around

Bit by bit my heart is charmed
It's amazing even to myself but
Something is there I suddenly feel like calling you

Even if you pretend not to mind at all

In the end all I see is you
Let's flee towards the sea, hold my hand

That's actually from DragonBall GT... The music was so catchy that I never thought it was a love song.

Do you have a favourite Japanase song?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm not a big fan of asian songs, but sometimes i give way to anime songs. DBZ songs i like, and those from Vandread and Gensomaden Sayuki too. if u watch those animes u'll know wic songs i'm talking abt =p

me_yasmin said...

wheeEE!!! thanks for the 'life is a boat' romaji lyrics!! now i can sing the japanese bits :p

and thanks for the 'mirai e' translation! now i know what they're singing about, haha!

you should've put in Yuki No Hana by Mika Nakashima as well..

me_yasmin said...

eh, wait...is it the translation for mirai e or tht dragonball GT song? -_-"

Nisa said...

it's the dbgt song la min! hahahaha!

but here's the translation for Mirai e. It's beautiful too. =)


To The Future (Kiroro)

Look! Look underfoot
This is your path to walk
Look! Look at what's before you
That over there is your future

My mother gave me much kindness
While embracing love, I returned to my dreams
I was still a child then, and didn't understand the significance when
She held my hand and we walked together
Dreams are always sky high and
though fearful, we still continue to reach for them
I should know this story because I never gave up
Although I was uneasy, we walked together

At times, I hated that kindness,
yet I would become weak when separated from her

Look! Look underfoot
This is your path to walk
Look! Look at what's before you
That over there is your future

At times, I hated that kindness,
yet I would become weak when separated from her

Look! Look underfoot
This is your path to walk
Look! Look at what's before you
That over there is your future
Look! Look underfoot
This is your path to walk
Look! Look at what's before you
That over there is your future

Face your future,
and slowly approach it

Nisa said...

Oh yeah, one reason why I put this entry up, cuz I know when u guys comment, u'll intro a few songs too. Heh. Will try to dload the songs.

Stef: Give me the song title can? I dun really watch animes. =P

me_yasmin said...

"Oh yeah, one reason why I put this entry up, cuz I know when u guys comment, u'll intro a few songs too" <--- uuu...very sneaky of you, babe! i like ;)

Anonymous said...

syiq, u watch what i watch. u rock.

Anonymous said...

lagu tok sik berapa best.... ada lagik opening/ending theme Bleach nok lebih best. contohnya 'Asterisk' by Orange Range.... the most top anime theme for last year. Tapi paling best lagu 'Ichirin no Hana' la... by High and Mighty Color. Rock siut.

Bleach rules!

Anonymous said...

err.... 'Life' by Yui best juak

Nisa said...

Hey thanks guys! My tactic worked. Heh.

Yasmin: Can't dload Yuki No Hana but I listened to her other songs... And I am in Love! Haha. I love it! Thanks babe. Can always count on you. =)

Syiq: Himegoto's nice. That Thank You song I cannot find la, sayang. Susah. Dah la one of the files I try to dload ada virus..

Stef: Thanks.. for being very vague. Haha.

Soulfly: Ichirin No Hana and Asterisk was uhh.. very rock. Guess I'm not into jrock.. =P Life by Yui was really nice tho! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Try carik lagu 'Finally' by Sowelu (pempuan) .... tok opening song for Angel Heart anime. Kinda pop style ala-ala Utada Hikaru.