24 February 2006

God loves him more

I haven't had the chance to update because I've been so busy. Nek Hussein, my grandpa on my father's side left us Tuesday evening, 21 February 2006.

I was driving Rasyiq’s car when my mum called at 4 PM asking me to get my two brothers and Azee from school. I had to get them to my grandparents’ home as fast as I could because they were taking my grandpa there now. I drove as fast as I could, get the three of them into the car and let Syiq drove to my grandparents’ house.

When we arrived, a lot of cars were already parked outside the house. The ambulance was at the driveway, indicating that my grandpa just arrived.

Our family was gathered closely in my grandparents’ bedroom, surrounding my grandpa. There was a doctor and a nurse taking turns pumping oxygen into my grandpa’s lungs. That was the only thing left that was keeping him here with us.

When the doctor finally tried to find my grandpa’s heartbeat, everybody in the room tensed up. When the doctor mouthed “No” while waving his hand, indicating that there was no pulse, everyone broke down…

Okay, I don’t want to say anything more about that.

Let’s fast forward to the burial. It was the morning after the death.

It was raining. And I remember thinking to myself that that’s good. At least nenek’s grave would be cool.

I blankly watched the process of the men putting the earth back into the grave. Covering everything up. My eyes were moist when they put up those two stones on top of the grave. Nenek’s really gone…

When everyone was pouring water and flowers on the grave, I suddenly can smell a sweet scented smell. I was still sick at that time so my nose was blocked and I can smell nothing. Nenek’s grave smelt so nice and it made me happy.

I’m going to miss Nek Hussein. A few years back, during Raya, back when he can walk about… He asked me where my friend was. He meant a special someone. I told him, No, not yet, Nek. But now I do have someone special. But he didn’t get to meet him. And I will forever regret that.

May Allah have mercy on his soul and gives him peace in the afterlife. We all love him dearly but Allah loves him more.

1 comment:

Nisa said...

Thank you for those words of comfort. It means so much. Thank you...