13 September 2005

Quotes from a certain lecturer...

These are ‘notes’ that I made in Marketing Communication 211. My grammar has definitely improved ever since. I thought of sharing it with the world. This is what I have learnt from the lecturer, Mr Cali*, as in lucu (funny).

*name has been changed due to the risk of getting caught. =P

- Make sure your eyes open big, big, big and BIG!

- I tell you hoh-nestly, you go Australia and your eyes open very big.
Now I know that my eyes are big not because of genetic but because I’ve been to Australia...

-Whys is this always happens?
Notice how all the words end with an ‘s’.


-At the end of the day, basically… the second level basicallyBasically this is the beginning… Basically your hierarchy… basically who is our consumer… Basically… (in nearly every sentence basically).
It’s very important to use the bold words above, basically.

-Do you know how to speeeelll?
Cali taught us how to spell that day. It was touching.

- Be hoh-nest kay. Are you agree?
- I not make a joke. I no kidding for that.
-Are you believe that?
-They make you a suspense.
-And then you can be focus.
-Use you imajinasen.
-Don’t think this is always work.
-What’s going on there, we oso dono.
-He’s good in give a talk.
-Unless you hope to make a money.
-It’s fail. Why its fail? Just one mistake is that you are fail.
-It’s not must promotion on television.
His grammar just takes my breath away. Literally. I was laughing. My spelling and grammar check when crazy with all the above sentences.

Mr. Cali: “I have a dream.” Just 3 words. Very powerful. 3 words.
Student: Uh… it’s 4 words lah.
Mr. Cali: Oh. 4 words. “I have a dream”.
Great. Not only his grammar is astounding, he can count too.

Mr. Cali: You walk walk walk you see Sunway. Walk again you see Nottingham. Walk again you see Taylor. Walk again see Sunway again.
Student: Sunway [a] university meh?
Mr. Cali: I dono. I oso confuse.
We paid eight thousand plus for this? Where in the world does my university find morons like him to teach us anyway?

“…but that boring them to death” Cali, 2005.
Well Mr. Cali, you’re boring me to death… z… z… z…


Just one of my happy post. Haven't updated for so long. You guys probably don't go here anymore...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'My spelling and grammar check when crazy with all the above sentences.'

uh...'when crazy'? is that a genuine mistake from u or are u doin that on purpose?

i think it's a genuine mistake la =p

Anonymous said...

kudos for GOI CA LI

Nisa said...

purpose. =) yay! i tot ppl won't notice. haha. it's ironic. =)

Anonymous said...

Goi Lu Chu