23 September 2005

Malang dan Ego

That's Unfortunate and Ego in Malay...

I don't know why, but it's such a fcked up year for me.

Few days ago, my sandals' strap on my right leg putus. I think I uttered something along the line of "My life is so sad."

Just imagine.

I lost my 1st pendrive. Then all my other pendrive fcked up. (I swear it has nothing to do with me! -points at Curtin's computers-) When I use diskets, one of them doesn't want to work anymore for some stupid idiotic reason known only to itself, and most of them has politely asked me to format them at least once.

I have also lost my organiser. And then a few weeks after that I lost my mobile phone. And then, a few days after that, my sandals cannot be used anymore.

And even though Saiful asked me to just ditch the sandals and walk barefoot because I cannot walk properly with that stupid sandals, I still stubbornly wear them. Limping as I walk towards the car park.

Ego.

Tapi malang (But unfortunate).

You can say I'm careless. But I don't usually lose my things or spoil it. I don't! I'm careful. I love my things. Why would I do this to myself, right?

Now, I just hope my laptop won't crash on me. There is no way I can be THAT unlucky...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diskettes have tendency to be spoilt easily if you're using it in a dirty floppy drive. That includes the old floppy drives like those in the PCs in the Curtin labs. Sapa tauk head kat dalam drive ya udah bertegar. Mun boleh iboh k diskette gik, tok abad ke-21 dah. Pendrives are quite cheap nowadays, mun pandey carik.... a 256MB will just cost you below RM100, for a branded one of course. Try to look for reliable storage brands like Apacer, Kingston, Corsair, PQI or Kingmax. Don't buy cap ayam pendrives like 'Happy-go-lucky' or 'Cute data' or 'Cockroach Data' or anything that sounds weird or suspicious.

Tips kamek, cara menjaga pendrive:
Pendrives are easily spoilt if you often drop it hard, or if you place it near electromagnetic stuffs, like speakers. Floppy disks pun sama juak, mudah rosak mun diengkah dekat area nok ada magnet.

For extra reliability, don't buy a 2-in-1 pendrive like those that can play MP3s. If you want to listen to MP3s, get a portable MP3 player. Those of Creative are quite good. iPOD sucks (me anti-Apple...lol).

And one thing, don't leave your pendrives plugged to the PC for a long time, because pendrives consume some electric power from the USB port.

p/s: Mun laptop crash, hantar jak ngan kamek.... I can fix it for free. Unless mun hardware rusak, ya terpaksa la repair... with certain amount of money involved of course. hehe.

Anonymous said...

i agree with fakhrain.totally.
eh tok mcm forum jak... bes nye...

Anonymous said...

steff, actually i did make one forum, kiranya for curtin lah tek... baruk jak up.

http://mycurtin-forum.tk

masih kosong... lom ada apapa pun. register jak dolok.

Anonymous said...

stop talking about your laptop crashing!! ish. *fingers and toes crossed*



u're just going through a bad phase..hope u have better luck next time..and u are getting a new phone! happy thoughts!

Anonymous said...

wokeh i go check it out hehehe =p

Nisa said...

Hey thanks Fakhrain. I knew it's Curtin's fault at some point. Grrr... Heh heh.