15 September 2005

Apple of My Eyes

One day, years ago, I found my dad’s notebook back when he was studying in Perth. I found it interesting because they are some doodles there that have nothing to do with the subject he is taking at all. And then one sentence caught my eyes.

Nur Aina. The apple of my eyes.”

I remembered I felt jealous. My mind was then bombarded with questions. Why her? Why not me or my other siblings? What did she do to catch my dad’s attention? She must be only 8 years old when he wrote that. I then began to search furiously for any other sentences that might say something similar about me or my other siblings. Alas, I found none.

I know she is very clever, getting straight A’s and all that. And I know that my dad IS proud of her. I know because he told everyone about her.

A few years later, someone told me that I’m the apple of his eyes. I was so touched that I cried. I actually really wanted to hear those words from my dad. But here is someone who thinks I’m good enough to be the apple of his eyes.

I hope that even if you don’t write my name, you think I’m the apple of your eyes too, Daddy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why must it be an apple? why not a strawberry? or an egg?

Anonymous said...

ur dad studied in perth too??

who's nur aina?