23 July 2005

On the newspaper!

Boasting time!

Ing Hui and I are on Borneo Post's PostMag today!

An excerpt from the feature article (I'm only going to put paragraphs regarding us. I'm sure you're only interested in us... ;> Anyways...) :

With a book that conspicuos, fellow fans were hard to miss. We found Curtin students Khairunnisa Nasir, 19 and Yong Ing Hui, 20 in Coffee Bean with a book each and noses deep in it already.

"I am not in a hurry," declared Ing Hui, when asked how long it would take her to finish the book. She is from Sibu but studies in Miri, and took a flight down to Kuching to buy her copy. "They do not have it in Sibu yet!"

Her friend Khairunnisa said "I don't wanna stop reading!" She related to how her father suggested that she try the Harry Potter series, having heard that it's supposed to be pretty good.

She also expressed excitement over the upcoming movie "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire", based on the fourth book.

"The movie trailer is amazing!"

The two friends expect to finish reading in the next few days.

.... bla bla bla. More about this girl, Purdey Morison who finished reading the damn book in 2/3 hours. Damn, I'm impressed. Took me 3 days. But then I was busy. Ok, on to the next paragraph that mentioned us. This one made me and Ing Hui really really happy.

Having spent the morning bookstore-hopping with the PostMag team and carrying props for the occasion, she said "The main highlight of that morning had to be seeing two girls (Khairunnisa and Ing Hui) reading the book at Coffee Bean.

'She' in the paragraph above is Azreen Zahira, who was with the reporter and photographer. They were so similar to us in so many ways! Azreen called up her friends and squeal about HP. Ing Hui and I looked at each other in awe, both thinking the same thing. "They're like US!!"

We talked about a lot of stuff and they were a very fun bunch of people. Oh, I immediately e-mailed Georgette (the reporter) about the article. It was a very lucky coincidence to have met them that day. Lucky that both Ing Hui and I were hungry and decided to eat at Coffee Bean even though I didn't put any coupons and get fined later. It was all WORTH it. =)

I'll post a picture of us later in the next entry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea yea yeah so i read the PM today n saw ur pics.

are those quotations from you guys true btw? =p cz some journalists tend to add their own words just to make their article more interesting.

the thing that made me jeles was the fact that u guys met Georgette and Andrea coincidently! sheesh man. u just bought HP books n u got to meet them just like that?!
i have always wanted to meet those two. esp Georgette. hmph.

owh n why did you buy the kiddie edition? i thought u'd go for the adult one.

me_yasmin said...

haha...saw you both in the papers...i felt so proud! i kept reading and rereading that article!!! so lucky lah both of you...

Anonymous said...

*esp Andrea. not Georgette. salah nama haha.