21 July 2005

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I know half of you don't read Harry Potter so I won't talk about it here. Much. As in chapter by chapter. Heh. Cause, well I dunno. You might be wondering "How come Nisa's not yammering about that bloody Harry Potter that she's so obssessed with?"

You guys can skip the rest of the entry. It's pure HP and nothing else. Most of you guys would be so lost I might as well talk in Turkish.

Spoilers Warning. Read at your own risk. No speculations though. Just my thoughts on the book in general. Highlight area with mouse to reveal.

***********************SPOILERS***********************

I love this book because it provided so many insights on LV's life before he came to power. And one of the biggest question like: 'How the hell did LV survived' was answered.

And who would have thought DD died??!!!!! Arrgghh. Never have I cried so hard for a fiction character as I have cried for dear old DD. I was pratically sobbing!

One thing I don't like is the romance. Sure, it's nice to see romance in HP book finally but... Hell. The way JKR wrote and how the couples come together is so crappy. I've read better fanfics. Mostly Harry/Ginny. It's so crappy! Harry has this monster inside his chest?! Roaring wanting to get out bla bla bla?! And Ginny was so understanding and crap when Harry broke up with her in the end. All for a noble cause konon. So, so cliched. I read that in so many fanfictions. If I or any normal girl was Ginny, I would have more reaction then just what Ginny gave Harry. Like a slap or two on the cheek. And a hard kick on the body for good measure. I think JKR's better in writing plots and stuff then romance. Hmmm, I think I read too much fanfics. It's unhealthy and it screws up my point of view. That's what happened when you leave your fans waiting for 2 years, JKR! Ahh well. But I found Ron/Lavendar cute though. How she confides with Harry and everything. Haha.

I watched my ship sank like the Titanic. I ship the SS Library and Leathers btw. HG/DM. Oh well. Wotcher Wolvie (Tonks/Lupin) shippers rejoice! And I never gave the Fang and Flora (Bill/Fleur) a serious thought, but wow, now they have a wedding planned! Ahh.. you win some, you lose some.

B/F. How sweet is that? I don't know why Ginny still grumbles about Fleur in the end. It's great that she really loves him and still wants to marry him in the end despite of his conditions.

And one of the best thing about this book is the growth of Draco's character. He's not just an annoying brat after all. *hugs Draco plush toy* There there Drakie... I really hope he survives in the end. I adore him so much more. He's actually strong. He couldn't kill DD even when LV threaten to kill him and his family. Take that all you Draco haters! -ignoring fact that no Draco haters are gonna read this- Ack! I love my Drakie... Step back Myrtle. You're already dead!

The book doesn't have much humour in it as the 4th or 5th book but it's great because revelations and surprises were pratically on every page!

8 comments:

me_yasmin said...

babe! you dedicate an entry to harry potter at last! what took you so long?!

Anonymous said...

nice way to present ur spoilers =)
like it.

ive not read the book yet so who's DD again? lupak dah.

draco grew huh. god i cant wait to see his face when the next movie comes out. will it come out anyway?
heck i love draco.

i thought its either ron or hermione who died. many thought of that too. typical of everybody i guess haha.

and yeah. i hate the romance goin on in HP. its stupid. its a watchamacallit wizardy fantasy magical blabla book for god's sake. y, do they need romance in EVERY SINGLE NOVEL in the world??! sheesh.

update me ya. i dont mind spoilers.
DD...

me_yasmin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
me_yasmin said...

uuu...steph doesn't mind spoilers? boleh tahan lah you beb! wanna know who died? it was professor quirrel. eh, salah...that was in the first book.

Nisa said...

haha. u silly ppl. ada juak org sik thn tangga spoilers (selain dari yasmin).

Yasmin: Naturally. =) And I've been busy with Ing Hui's visit. heh. n other stuff.

Steff: *gasp* I can't tell u who DD is. it's a short form for __________. sengaja aku tulis pakey short form takut korang baca juak spoilers ya. heh. pandei sik aku? ;) Yes, Draco matures and we see a hell lot of him in the 6th book. And the movie's coming out on November 18th. And well apparently, it's only natural for the ppl in the book to start falling in love. If you read the book, you will notice that the book's main theme is love. So yeah, to see Harry falling in love is important. This is because what makes Harry different from LV is his capability to love. Love was what saved Harry from dying when LV cast the AK.

Jasmine: See above. =)

LV = Lord Voldemort
AK = Avada Kedavra
DD = Not telling you

Anonymous said...

i know the initials of the rest la. only DD i lupak.
but now i know who!!!! hehehe. bok smlm aku teringat tek.
well if u dont want me to reveal the identity straight away, i'll just get as close as possible- its harry's cousin.
right?

i still dont see the point of having romance as the MAIN thing in this series. they can put in some love n all that, but why wanna make it the main 'theme' or sth like that? pfft.

Nisa said...

well it's not exactly the main theme. just one of them =)n go borrow the book from some1. i aint telling u!

and yes jasmine, u shud go buy. or u can always borrow from yasmin. or azim or inghui later. or dian's. she's buying the US version. (dat cow. grr).

Anonymous said...

saman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!