05 August 2005

Condolence to Aunty Gertie and family

I woke up at around 5 a.m. today. I suddenly remembered my conversation with Mum and Amalina.

Uncle Arip (Dato' Haji Mohamad Arip bin Mahmud) was really ill and his life was depending on a machine. He was at Singapore. I was stunned to hear it. I quickly tried to contact Ama. After an hour an a half I got through to her. She pleaded if I can come visit. Even for just one day. She needs me.

My mum called me up at 6.30 a.m. to break the news to me. Uncle Arip passed away around 5 a.m. today.

Innalillahi wa inna ilailhi rojiun.


Now I know the reason why I cried.

I packed and asked Nezz to send me to the airport straight away. I managed to get the 11.30 a.m. flight.

At 2.30 p.m. I saw Amalina, my dearest, longest best friend after half a year and hugged her and held her dearly. Her dad and her had a colourful history.

I... this is still so hard for me. I hope Aunty Gertie and her family finds comfort.

I will always remember Allahyarham and his generosity. He's always been nice and kind to me. Always has a smile when he sees me. He was borned in 1957. He died when he was only 48. The same age as my dad.

Al-Fatihah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey...sory to hear abt ur friend's father...
i feel the pain too.

may they have faith to pull this thru...

me_yasmin said...

Innalillah...i'm so sorry to hear about your friend's dad. takziah to her and her family.