28 May 2008

The Dead Dog

This morning, I looked out of the porch window to see a dog lying down near the wall. The dog had a light blue collar. It used to belong to someone but now it is skinny, dirty and sick. Who would own a dog like that?

Me: Shoo. Shoo dog shoo...

The dog got up and limped towards the window.

Me: No... Shoo! Go.

The dog limped nearer. I went to another window and stared at it for awhile, thinking how pitiful the dog looked. I thought of giving it something but I was scared that it will come back again looking for more.

I went back to my own room and went online. Half an hour after that, Ali came and told me there's a dead dog in front of the house.

Impossible! Not the same dog, surely?

I went to look and the body was covered with a piece of newspaper. I was in denial. I went out to see if it really was dead.

The body was still. It wasn't breathing. The empty eyes stared at nothing.

Tears flowed. The dog I saw was actually dying... I was the last person to see it alive.

I called the Miri City Council to take the body away.

I'm beginning to think that Miri has a lot of heartless pet owners.

Shame that Miri called itself a city and yet it doesn't have animal shelters like the SPCA or PAWS. Animals rights are forgotten. Nobody cares.

14 comments:

me_yasmin said...

poor doggie :(

Anonymous said...

this is beginning to be an animal-welfare and humanitarianism blog. =p

and i cant bilif i spelled humanitarianism right.

The Bambi said...

i would've cried to be in ur position seeing how you were the last person the dog saw :(

so emo la your posts hihi ...

btw i've linked u up!

clara

Nisa said...

mimin: i know.. =( what's up with all these animals coming to the house?

stef: ur right. it was y i started blogging again. =P (and it's funny how u spelled that right and cant be bothered to spell 'believe' right. haha)

clara: how'd u know abt this blog? haha. ok ur linked to mine too =) thanks!

The Bambi said...

nop i'll be submitting mine late as usual next week. before wednesday (sukati polah deadline dirikpun). heheh ... ala kesian la the dog but it's okay charity to mmc ok! huehue .. without them, dead dogs will be lying around everywhere eww hmph ... i haven't even thought of any idea how? *dead*

Anonymous said...

omg! its nysa!! i'll link u as well.

Anonymous said...

"this is beginning to be an animal-welfare and humanitarianism blog."

Yes true. heheh sian the dog..hmm... no really.

Anonymous said...

we have another grammar nazi in the house. NYSA.
we should team up n bug all those grammatical noobs out there.

and to think i couldnt be bothered with my own spelling n punctuation to start off with...

like look who's talking. pfft.

Nisa said...

Mimin: =) It's something that is close to the heart.

Stef: I don't know if that's sarcasm or what. Heh heh. And my grammar has never been that great actually. ;p

me_yasmin said...

meh? i think you meant 'jasmine' la wei... oh btw, i quite like tht it's turning into an "animal-welfare and humanitarianism blog" you know i like animals as much as you do ;)

Nisa said...

What oh gosh I can't believe I've confused you two! Heh heh. Sorry mimin =p

Anonymous said...

that's like a half-assed sarcasm. uh yea.

F.S.Huey said...

gosh, that's sad. I would cry if see that too.
That day when I did the production, 'Man's Best Friend', about stray dogs, I was so sad and stunned when I captured the dead dog part.

I linked u =)

Anonymous said...

Got common sense??