26 November 2005

A Night Out

Last week on Saturday night, Saiful, Sarah and I went out for dinner at Blue Ginger. We didn't have to pay at all. Heh. Thanks, Sarah.


The Chocolate Mousse


After dinner, we went to have some drinks at Perwira. Then, we decided to go watch Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam 2 at 11.30 PM. We're supposed to watch with Jasmine and Hafiza but their show started at 11 PM.




PHSM2 was confusing. If you have free tickets, like we did, go watch and be awed at how beautiful Maya Karin is. Oh, and the beautiful clothes she wore. It gave me some ideas for my next Raya clothes. =) If no free ticket, no need lah. It was really confusing.

Saiful said that if we watch PHSM2, he's not going to go home after the movie, Sarah and I readily agreed. We never went out with Saiful till late.

And so our little journey begins.

We went to the Esplanade first. But it was wet so we decided to go to the airport instead since it's near. Yes, the airport. At 2 AM. Believe it or not, we saw workers cleaning the floors. At 2 AM! Unbelievable. There goes the idea to lie on the road at the airport.




We played around for a while. Took a few pictures and vandalised the airport. We then went around to find batteries for our cameras. We managed to buy them at Petronas near Bintang but the batteries wasn't good. Haih. No wonder it was cheap.

At 3 AM, we went to have drinks at Perwira again. After about an hour there, we decided to drive around aimlessly for half an hour. We stoppped by at Pustaka. We thought that it'll be nice to chill out there and take some photos.


At Pustaka


Love the lighting. Spooky. We didn't stay long. It was too wet. It was beginning to pour too.

We continue to drive around some more. I was getting pretty sleepy but thanks to Rasyiq, he kept me awake. We finally thought that we have to see sunrise since we've always seen sunsets.

We drove to Canada Hill at 4.30 AM. It was cold and extremely foggy.




It sure does feel like home. England, to those of you who don't know where I come from.





We're pretty tired and sleepy. And so, so cold. But hey, we'll never let that show on camera! Not at that time anyway.





It sort of look spooky too. What with the fog looked like something sinister at times. As if they're going to get you. But I guess that's just my imagination.



Miri at night


It looked more beautiful if you see it with your own eyes.

At 6.12 AM, it was getting brighter. It was too cloudy and foggy. We didn't get to see our sunrise. Pity. Nevertheless, we took some pictures.





It was actually so breathtaking. It was so serene and quiet except for our excited squeals.



Dark. At 6.17 AM.



Light. At 6.17 AM.


I took on our way down. I didn't mean to make it look so spooky at first. But I like it. It seems that throughout the night, when we accidentally took a shot (with or without flash or different functions), they turned out to be much prettier than the ones we intended to do.

Morning has broken...


Birds looking for food. Just like us.


Breakfast at 6.40 AM

This is the first time we had breakfast together this early. We were EXTREMELY sleepy already. This is what we ordered. We had to pee so many times already.



We were so sleepy, it took us some will to munch our food. If I wasn't so hungry, I wouldn't bother eat.



It does look like blood, doesn't it? It's ketchup from roti john at Perwira a few hours ago...



We saw an old man distributing newspapers using motorcycle while a grumpy woman distributes them using a car. The city has awoken and everybody seems to be getting ready for a brand new day.



We saw this man at 2 AM at Jalan Raja. So we were surprised to see him again at nearly 7 AM. As you can see, he's not wearing any footwear. It was a pretty cold morning to be wearing just like that. This shot was taken when the man was looking up at an airplane taking off. Thus began our speculation of him.



From the way he walks around, looking at everything, he must be a government spy! He was given one of the most important jobs of all: making sure morning has come. Or that's what Sarah said anyway. His job requires him to walk around the city to make sure that the road is smooth, flowers blooming, etc. We think that after walking around at this part of town, he will head for the airport. He did look longingly at the plane just now. We couldn't blame him, really. Air Asia did say "Now everyone can fly..."

After that, Saiful said "Let's go to Esplanade". We were surprised when Sarah squealed happily. On the way, you can see so many big houses. I decided to put it here.



That's just a few of them. I'm getting lazy uploading pictures and writing all these.

There are pictures from the beach. Saiful took a nap there. At 8 AM, we went to the airport to purchase my ticket to Kuching.

At the counter, I confidently said "A ticket to Miri please." I repeated it twice and the man was indifferent and asked me where would I like to go. Again, I said "To Miri." Then I just realised my mistake, I quickly said "To Kuching! To Kuching, please. Sorry." The guy was so slamba... hish. I was feeling stupid what with no sleep at all. I was blur and slow. I didn't even realise when the guy said "Do you want to use Fokker?" and I loudly replied "No. EW." When Sarah suddenly laughed loudly, I just turn to look at her blankly.

After checking all my bags in (they weighed 48kg. My luggages weighed more than me!), we finally went home. Arrived at Sarah's house at around 9 AM. I was supposed to sleep at Sarah's house that night.

We all finally slept at 10 AM.

We went to Esplanade that evening but that's another story...

P.S: Saiful sent me this MMS a few days after.


So he's still alive and kicking. So one of our theory is true. His clothes were given to him by the police as a uniform. But he obviously thought that the shoes were uncomfortable and thought it is more natural to walk barefooted.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

woi, lawak la muka kmk..ne ada muka mek tetutup mata kdak ya..cis!...haha.lawak la org tua ya...anyway, fun!..chow

Anonymous said...

grammar mistakes and missing words everywhere. unfortunately for u guys, im too lazy. so kindly don't point out the mistakes. cant be bothered to correct them.

there are more pictures from sarah but i couldn't upload from her. hmmmp...

Anonymous said...

ur face dah sleepy giney lah nak molah pul. =) cute apa muka ktk gia. heh.

Anonymous said...

just want to say 1 thing.

digicams wont work with normal batts. u need at least alkalines.

Anonymous said...

uiii..what a nyte eh, it fun..wish jasmine could have been there..baru la complete o..sorry sekpat nak send the other pics to u sa, connection probs time ya. my pc is now at my friend's house to be fixed. yalah lamak sik online tok. kmk gik pake laptop kakak mek, tok pun wi-fi connection sik bagus. oh yea, i'll be in kch around the 8th pi sik confirm gik..syg sekpat dtg esok..nisa, kelak recordkan rupa nya duak ya 1st time temu..n cita semua to me k k k.hehehe mesti best eh. syg i'm gonna miss that. ee kelak lah kita semua kuar rami2. miss u guys! toodles

p/s\: i'll bring my hd to kch if u still want the pics. semua dah save lam ya.

Anonymous said...

*it was fun

Anonymous said...

woi, kmk terasa kmk dimention dalam post si anonimes ya..kurang asam awak ya

Kim said...

wah wah. nice. i gotta do something like that sometime too.

Anonymous said...

sapa padah kuang asam ya ha? mok kelaii kaa..mun mok dtg la umah sitok! (kueh raya gik masih)

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me terribly much in my college assignment. Hats incorrect to you dispatch, choice look ahead for more cognate articles promptly as its sole of my pet question to read.