02 December 2005

City Of Angels... Hollywood, baby!

Ok. I actually went to KL with my mum and brother. But it's nice to lie once in a while, right?

I went there on the 29th. My mum wanted me to teman her shop. So bla bla bla, I'm lazy to write about how I got to KL. You all know the drill kan. It took 1 hour and 40 minutes to get there. By plane lah of course.


Nysa has arrived!


We stayed at JW Marriot and when I went out of the taxi... Behold! Parking smugly in front of the hotel's front door is a red Ferrari!!

I thought I died and was in heaven. Until my mum asked me to hurry up. Sigh. I couldn't get a picture of it cause a lot of people were present. But I would never forget the feeling that it gave me. It was actually my first sighting of a real Ferrari. A red one at that. I can still see the famous black horse on yellow background. I couldn't even breathe properly that time.

I'm no expert like Saiful but I think it was a Ferrari F50 GT?



See how beautiful it is? It was all shiny and looked new just like the picture above (Googled it). Sigh.

My dad greeted us at the entrance because he had a meeting earlier that day.

I wasn't even awed at being in a 5-star hotel. I notice the ceiling is nice though. With big chandeliers that can kill people below if it falls.

Our room was on the 22nd floor. It was pretty high up that you ears go pop. Or nearly, anway.

So, the view from the 22nd floor. Lucky that it was facing the centre of the city.




I was awed at the sight. I felt overwhelmed. So many tall buildings. How can people live here? It's suffocating. And when you breathe the city's air, you can smell the difference between it and the air back home. Like I said, suffocating.

I wanted to take picture of the room but couldn't fit everything. So I content myself with taking vain pictures of yours truly. Might as well make full use of the huge mirrors, right?




Wished I could take that bathrobe with me.

Went to Berjaya Times Square after that. Bought books and magazines at Borders. I can't remember the title of the books that I bought. I can't even find them right now! I wonder where they are...

Had fun at Cosmo's World Theme Park with my brother. Even bought pictures of us in the rollercoaster.

After dinner, we went back to our hotel room. Sleeppp... So tired.


KL night view


The next morning...




KL dilanda jerebu!!!

Ok, it's just foggy in the morning.

Late morning, we went to KLCC.


The Petronas Twin Tower


Ok, actually we went to Suria KLCC.


Suria KLCC


I didn't get to window shop there! My dad walked staight to Kinokuniya. Not that I'm complaining. Not really. But come on! I want to shop clothes damnit! O well. I didn't want to shop alone anyway. Bought more books. Memoirs of a Geisha by Anthony Golden and A Bit of Earth by a Singaporean author. I haven't start reading any of them since I haven't finish reading Star by Pamela Anderson. I also have another book I bought last week at Smart Bookstore in Sarawak Plaza, titled Passing Under Heaven. Now I have... hmmm... 4 or 5 books to read?

Oh! This is where Mariah Carey stayed 2 years ago when she came to Malaysia.


The Mandarin Oriental



A 6-star hotel. It stood majestically between Suria KLCC and KL Convention Centre.





And this is the KL Convention Centre. I couldn't get the whole building due to laziness and also the building itself is too long.

We went to Aquaria. It is situated inside this building. It's in the basement... of all places.

So to those of you who don't know what the heck is Aquaria, it is a world-class aquarium. It's better than the Langkawi one. I have plenty of pictures there so that'll be in Part II.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wanna see KL? but dun u guys always go there? i was too bz carrying shopping bags to take pics. ;)

P.S: I miss you too, Min!! =(

Anonymous said...

u like ferrari? those ain't my taste but i'll try snap some more of em, and lambos and porsches when i go for my brunei stay in the next weeks.

you should be very very lucky IF you can spot an Enzo... hehehe

Nisa said...

an enzo! damn! i wish! i tot maybe it cud be an enzo but then again maybe im just being delusional...

i see porshe everywhere so no novelty neh. n i nvr like lamborghinies.. ferrari is still my fav. wish i could afford them tho... :P

Anonymous said...

wtf is kelisa?
new food from curtin cafeteria ka?

Nisa said...

hahaha.. god i miss u guys. heh. the part two will be up tomorrow or something. so many pictures of creepy crawlies like snakes and spiders to put up.. im sure min wud love it! =)

Kim said...

huwaaahhh... nice ness.

Anonymous said...

kelisa is a fish

Anonymous said...

nisaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!