29 May 2006

Happy Birthday Sarah!

Ok, so her birthday was actually yesterday. Anyways...

We did another surprise party for her this year. Surprise surprise. It's just that it's so much fun because she wouldn't suspect anything. Or maybe we're just damn good liars. Which I know is not something to be proud of. But hey, it helps to have this skill.

Jasmine, Teem, Ryn, Fifi and I bought lamb shoulders, BBQ sauce and drinks the day before Sarah's birthday. We also ordered a chocolate ice cream cake.

On her birthday, Jasmine and I bought plates, BBQ equipments and corns. While back at Jasmine's house, Teem swept the front porch. Heh. Bersih tau. =) Teem cut the lamb shoulders into small pieces and Jasmine helped in cleaning them. But I end up to be the one finishing the cleaning. I then marinated the lamb shoulders and the chicken wings. Haslina came to help us with the BBQ grill.

Maya and her boyfriend, Adrus, was the first to come. Then, Stephanie and Yasmin came. By then, Jasmine and I had to go. To send Teem back to the hostel to pick up her stuff (laptop, clothes etc.), pick up Ryn and Dayang, get my camera and an ashtray and finally send Teem, Ryn and Dayang to Jasmine's house.

Jasmine and I then rushed to Sarah's. Originally, the plan was for the two of us to pick up Sarah and then watch sunset at Esplanade. Then try to delay while everyone get ready at Jasmine's house. On the way back, I will then tell Jasmine to stop by her house because I have the urge to pee. Konon nya..

However, because we ran out of time, by the time we reached Sarah's it was 6.15 PM. There was no way we can make it to see sunset at 6.25 PM. Esplanade was at the other side of town.

So... on the way to Sarah's I made a plan that we'll just tell her that the three of us have dinner somewhere. I will go to the ATM to get my money. Jasmine will come out with me. Jasmine will pretend that she forgot her wallet (which I put inside MY handbag) so that we have to go back to her house. We wanted to give Maya and Adrus more time (they were in charge with getting the cake and serai because we don't have a brush for the BBQ) so I'll go buy some batteries for my camera. In the mean time, Jasmine talked to Sarah that we'll have our dinner at Marriot. Her treat. That's why she has to go back to her house to get the wallet. And the thing was, she even called Fifi in the car, asking him to check if her wallet is on the table. "It is? Alright we'll come home to get it now. Are you going out? Oh alright." This was to make sure that Sarah wouldn't suspect anything if the house was all dark and unlit. It was a good plan. And we executed it perfectly. =D

One time, Maya called to enquire if they should light the candles now or later. I told her that I'll give her a miss call and yes, the editing is tomorrow morning. Maya played along. Hee hee. Sarah didn't suspect anything.

When we got home, Jasmine asked if we wanna go inside. I told her "Ok. I want to pee also." So of course Sarah came with us too. When I walked nearer to the house, I can see the candles were all lit from the glass doors. Shit. And I panicked when Sarah wanted to walk towards the cat because she'll definitely can see the candles. I walked quickly to the front door and urged Jasmine to hurry up. I saw Sarah looking at Maya's high heels with her mobile phone's light. I panicked.

Jasmine finally opened the door and the both of us went inside. The house was dark. Sarah came in last. The moment she stepped inside, everybody came out from their hiding places. She never assumed anything. When she was cutting the cake, she turned towards me and Min asking "So, sik jadi lah pegi Marriot?" (So, we're not going to Marriot?) Haha. Kesian nya.

We started BBQing after that. Adrus complimented me that I marinated the meat well. Hee hee. Bangga nya. First time marinate dah turn out well. =) Everyone took turn BBQing the lamb, chicken and corn. Even the birhtday girl.

They all went home at midnight. The whole entire thing was tiring and also money draining but it was for a good friend and seeing her surprised face was worth it. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and during the partay, fifi n i went dating at canada hill, esplanade, and airport. he blanja me mee kolok oso.

then we witnessed an accident and fifi got traumatised so we went back. damn. we couldve date longer.

um...ok bye.

Anonymous said...

haha thank you to everyone who was involved. u guys are lucky im gullible when it comes to friends.


and next year, DONT U GUYS DARE. i'll run away i tell u.

-sarah.

Anonymous said...

WE DONT CARE,SARAH =p

Anonymous said...

run away where, sar? pls do tell. then we can catch up with u n bring u back. =)