11 October 2005

Birthdays

It was my 19th birthday last Sunday. I share the same birthday with my grandma on my father’s side and two other guy friends. I don’t feel any difference. I couldn’t sleep that night because my phone kept beeping every hour.

12 am BEEP!

2 am BEEP!

3 am BEEP!

4 am BEEP!

Goodness. I know you guys wake up for sahur but can’t it wait till morning? Erm, LATE morning?

While I was waiting for Ernest and Muhaimin to pick me up to go to the field, I got a surprise visit from …

Jasmine!

I’m not very sure how she got there (the fact is she’s there and that’s enough). She sang me Happy Birthday and gave me a Birthday hug. Thank you, sweetie. That was a really pleasant surprise visit. I didn’t expect to see you at all that day.

I wanted to go to San Francisco the whole day and I subtly hint to Nezz and Muhaimin to take me there. So I finally got my RM13 Extreme Chocolate. I went home feeling bloated…

However, no SMSes, Extreme Chocolate or even the surprise visit (sorry Min) can beat a call from your family. My aunt woke me up at 8.30 AM just to say Happy Birthday. I appreciate it but I’ll appreciate it MORE if she called a bit LATER… My mum called but my mum always calls. Then… Nana called (MY Nana, Pul. My SISTER).

Then, the rest of my brothers and sister called. That was the best. To hear them SCREAMING the Birthday song for me and each of them grabbing the phone, so eager to talk to me and wish me Happy Birthday (even lied to me… Udin… That’s not nice!) made me float on cloud nine. They were so noisy that the one who’s currently talking to me had to shut them up a few times (like they care anyway). It was so good to hear their voices again. It made me EUPHORIC and I couldn’t stop SMILING for 10 minutes. Just writing this paragraph makes me HAPPY and now I’m all smiling. I love them SO MUCH. It’s so great to have so many siblings (ignoring the times when they can be such a pain in the butt).

This year’s is an improvement since last year I had to call home myself. When I was talking to my brothers and sisters, for the first few minutes they still don’t know why the hell I am calling and talking to them. They kept on whining for me to let them go because they were busy playing games and now losing. Idiots.

Well, 9th Oct 2005 has come and gone. Thank you to Ernest and Muhaimin for taking me out. Thank you to Jasmine for seeing me that day (You’re such a sweetheart). Thanks to everybody who has bothered to SMS, called, shook my hand etc. wishing me Happy Birthday. Thank you.


P.S: Happy Belated Birthday to my current housemate, Miza, who turned 19 on 10th October 2005 (and also to my former Biology teacher back in high school who turned I-don’t-know-how-old-but-old on the same day). Happy 19th Birthday to C-kay darling.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

uncle josep ada wish ktk ka sik?

Nisa said...

Haha. Ngegeh.

My dad's the only one who didn't wished Happy Birthday. Tragic. Woe is me. Let me poke myself with this fork.

Anonymous said...

u did not credit me for wishing u at 2am. woe is me too. let me poke myself with your fork.

Anonymous said...

me at 4:30

p/s: stef... sahur

Nisa said...

alright alright. i'm gonna list down ktk org pun nama n also time. OKAY? menyampah.

Anonymous said...

u better do.

Nisa said...

no im not. i have better things to do.

Anonymous said...

hahaha..