04 December 2008

The Tuxedo Cat

Losing Bagheera was hard and it still is. So to ease the grief and mourning stage, I adopted another kitten. I got it from my uncle in Miri.

The mother was friendly with a lovely temperement. Looked like the Malaysia Cat/Kucing Malaysia breed with blue eyes. She had 3 kittens. And my heart was quickly set on a black and white male kitten. Of the 3, he was quiet when I picked him up. So I knew he wasn't a screamer, which makes it better.

After a few weeks, my aunt took the kittens back to Kuching. She asked me to come over and choose one to bring home. Even though I knew I wanted the black and white one, it was still pretty hard to choose because they were all adorable.

Finally, I sticked to my first choice and brought the black and white kitten home. I didn't regret my choice. The kitten adjusted well to his new home. He's friendly towards everyone and started chasing our feet and hands, a naughty behaviour which I try to eliminate.


TC/Charlie

Just like any normal kitten, he's clumsy and chases everything that moves (or doesn't move). To quote a friend of mine, the kitten seems to be "in Lala Land".

We couldn't decide what to name him at first. There's many suggestions, some quite silly: Kiddo, Hitam, Checkers, Chess, Oreo, Growly, Buster....

I finally decided on TC, meaning Tuxedo Cat. It's sweet and simple and it suits him.

He even has a moustache. ^^

He hasn't really know his name yet but he seems pretty smart despite the many clumsy events that befell him.

Ali wanted to call him Charlie because he does look like a Charlie. But I'm getting used to calling him TC.

To show how silly (normal) he is... here's an example:

Hi!


Oh look, foot!


Let me get closer... -swat-


Ooof! Damnit.

He's adorable and I love him...

ZzzZzz...



This doesn't mean I have forgotten Bagheera. No cat can ever replace him. He was the first and will always have a place in my heart. I miss him and still think about him every day. I still hope that one day I would see him once again. However, TC helps in keeping my mind occupied. It feels good to care for a cat again, buying and feeding it food, bathing it etc.

TC is a domestic short hair. That means he belongs to no particular breed. I think it is important to try to adopt stray cats before buying purebreeds because the strays outnumbered purebreed by the millions. Purebreeds will always have a home to go to. But it's not the same with strays. Many are homeless and hungry. Think about it when you decide to adopt a cat.

P.S: Never ever buy your cats or dogs at a pet store!! Here's a few articles on why. Click here or here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he looks confused in those pics. i mean remember my cat marsha? she was confused when she was little. she thought she was a spider. climbing here n there. TC reminds me of her.

Nisa said...

Ofc I remember Marsha. I thought abt her quite often, wondering how she is now. She was such a brave cat.

He does look confused doesn't he haha. More like idiotic look. I think all kittens are confused. They play all the time and get their head hitting everything..

Accyee said...

awwwwwwww its so adorable!