13 June 2008

My First CG =D

I haven't drawn anything serious since I was 17. So I was a bit rusty. Not that I was ever good at drawing anyway.

I always draw using pencil only. Yesterday, I was at Gaia Online and asked someone to draw my avatar and she came up with this. Lowenna's my username in Gaia. SoberAngel is the artist and isn't she awesome?


By SoberAngel

So, I felt inspired to draw again since I had nothing else to do. I chose manga style because it is easy. So, I drew this on the Curtin diary. A simple, mid-shot and front view of my avatar (actually I didn't have anyone in mind when I first started).


First sketch.

Not satisfied with stopping here, I wanted to try something new. To colour my sketch using Photoshop. Since I do not have a scanner, I used a digital camera to upload it into the computer.

I tried to do it with my first sketch. But as I was deleting all those stupid lines, I grew tired and bored.

So, I found a paper (notes from Journalism 111 haha) and traced my original sketch. To be able to see the lines properly, I actually went to the window to see my drawing. Ahaha I'm so sad.

So, anyways, I finished with a rather sloppy sketch.


Lineart.

Took a few pictures and upload it. Open my Photoshop.... I don't think you guys want much detailing? The way I did it was weird, awkward and based on trial and error. Spent the rest of my afternoon in front of the computer.

Here's the finished drawing.


Done!

Shading was tedious and you can barely see it here! And look at that right arm! Sigh. But it's my first and I'm extremely proud that my drawing is actually recognizable and the colouring is alright. I'm a happy bunny. -eyes shine like the pic-

1 comment:

F.S.Huey said...

U like drawing???
me too. hehe.